ONLINE REPUTATION DAMAGE CONTROL
One of the more vexing and damaging problems businesses and individuals face is discovering and fixing damage done to their reputation online.
These problems are occurring with greater and greater frequency because it is now very easy for anyone with an ax to grind to publish damaging material online. That information can then be readily discovered and shared across the Internet.
It’s imperative to address online reputation problems as soon as they happen — bad news travels fast on the Internet and the damage can be substantial if left unchecked.
Common Online Reputation Issues:
- Negative comments in Search Engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!)
- Unfavorable ratings or reviews in City Guides/Local Directory sites (Yelp, InsiderPages, etc.)
- Online Forums with negative chatter
- Bad press on Social Networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Damaging videos on YouTube
- Industry-specific Internet Portals with negative comments
- Negative reviews in Online Yellow Pages (AT&T Yellow Pages, SuperPages, etc.)
- Pervasive Online News Stories that are less than flattering
All too often online reputation damage is the result of malicious, ill-informed or mean-spirited comments that can seriously alter the success of your business or personal reputation if left to fester. Unfortunately, they last forever on the Internet and will not self-correct.
Occasionally the negative information is accurate, yet it still can (and should) be managed for better results.
We could go on forever about the ways reputations can go awry, how quickly a reputation can be ruined and the lack of fairness involved. The damage that comes from online reputation “hits” that are not dealt with can be significant – ranging from loss of sales, inability to compete effectively, and downward profit pressure — all the way to missed opportunities you were not even aware of in the first place.
Each situation is different. Contact us now to discuss your situation and the range of Online Reputation Management remedies we have available to repair your online reputation damage.